Thursday 4 April 2024

Module/Project Learning

Module learning:  At the start of the trimester, I set two goals for myself, to improve on my staff work writing and improving my communication skills. Today I can proudly say that I have accomplished more than what I’ve set out to accomplish. The UCS lesson taught me how to improve my writing skills, be it learning how to reference properly to making a good point when it comes to a subject, I feel that it was beneficial for my learning. Even though I did not fair well for the Summary Reader Response it was a good eye opener and a reminder that I still have a lot to learn. Throughout the course, I have also learned how to communicate effectively with others around me. Although I see the same people everyday, we often do not talk to each other and will just remain in our cliques, this lesson gave me the opportunity to talk to others, giving me a better understanding about them. 

Project Learning: I have learned a lot about my team and the class during my project presentation. I remembered that it was a week before the final presentation, and we were swarmed with other projects and papers. I realised that we did not start working on the presentation and had to produce something to show the Professor during the consultation. I called up my team at 11.30pm on a Wednesday night to prepare the slides for the consult, instead of blaming or questioning, they stayed up and prepared the slides till 3.30am the next day. That incident really showed me that they really cared about the project and wanted really wanted to show the class more about our product. On the presentation day, my team was prepared, and the presentation was executed well. During the whole process of creating the slides to presenting, I did lose my cool on a few occasions. However, I learned that I need to be more patient with not only others but myself and that a fresh pair of eyes can give you a different perspective. I have also learned the working styles of my teammates, tweaking their roles and responsibilities to ensure they excel in the parts they are in charge of.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much, Bong, for all your hard work and for this interesting, precisely detailed reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Module/Project Learning

Module learning:  At the start of the trimester, I set two goals for myself, to improve on my staff work writing and improving my communicat...